- To ensure a levelled playing field, the Government must, i) have the capacity to manage and supervise long-term contracts, ii) ensure and enforce clinical quality and performance standards.
- Foreign clinician exchange must be facilitated to enable easier access to training capacity and best practice exchange.
- The low trust between the public and private sectors have to be accounted for and addressed.
- Compared to other SEA countries, patience is critical in Indonesia; things take time. Partly due to cultural reasons and also to a daunting regional and national bureaucracy.
- By offering turnkey managed care solutions to hospitals, we eliminate a potential source of red tape which can come with big-ticket medical equipment’s.
- Long term, 5-10-year tax incentives for all health PPP would drive more capital towards this asset class.
However, our experience and interactions with SDG funds were disappointing from an impact perspective. In our view, a majority of them are greenwashing. As with any other investors, the only metric analysed and considered were financial returns.